This is a session of Topic 4: Statistics education/training and the workplace Full topic list
(Tuesday 4th, 10:30-12:30)
Statistics for future statisticians
Statistics has the peculiarity of being cross-sectional to the great part of the remaining disciplines; so it determines that the formation of the statistical professionals requires, in the modern society, to cover manifold aspects that must be consolidated to assure their scientific and professional development future; that is to say:
- To foment in the future Statistician a disposed attitude towards the investigation.
- To develop in students an attitude of understanding, reading and analyzing the reality using the application of suitable statistical tools.
- To give to students a solid theory basic statistical formation.
- To participate in the development of university and interuniversity projects with companies or with the community who require the participation of statisticians.
- To promote its participation in the character of assistants in private companies or public organisms.
- To stimulate its inclination towards teaching when this is detected by the teacher.
All these aspects can be consider in different ways, depending on the university where you study statistics. Reason by which this section has been trying to congregate specialists in this discipline who can transmit other ways “to form” statistical one, even its insertion like a professional not only in the academic but also in investigation or like a worker.